Thursday, November 8, 2012

My Birthday in Dominica

Hey everyone! Sorry that it has been so long since my last post.  I have had a crazy, very intense past couple of weeks and am just finding some free time now to post. 

I figured I would write about how my birthday went in Dominica.  Overall, it was pretty awesome even though the actual day was kind of rough (I had a 4 hour gross anatomy dissection as well as 4 hours of lecture).  On the Saturday after my birthday, I went out to brunch with some of my friends here.  It was nice to have real food and to actually socialize with people.  And it was special because my parents surprised me with a cake! I had told them how sad I was that I didn't have a cake for my birthday and how sad I was the I didn't have people from home to celebrate with.  They spoke with the restaurant and had them bake me a cake--so even 3000 miles away from home, it felt like my parents were there with me.  It made the homesickness not as bad!

My cake and the super intense "candle",
The knife to cut the cake.
Only in med school would the knife be a plastic saw.
Came home to this note on my fridge from my maid.  
I also got my first package and mail.  One of my EMS friends sent me the amazing hazelnut coffee from CTB because she knew I had run out and that I am absolutely obsessed with it.  My parents, siblings (Amelia and Carter) and aunt each sent me cards, which I am now using as wall decorations in my bedroom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment