Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sequestering and Exams

Hey everybody!! Sorry for the long delay between posts, I had a crazy exam schedule.  Monday I had a histology practical and an anatomy practical and then today I had a comprehensive exam.

So the one really crazy thing about tests here at Ross is the process sequestering.  When I initially heard that we were going to be sequestered for our histology and anatomy practicals, I was sooo confused.  But then because of my amazing last name and the fact that it starts with K, I didn't have to be sequestered.  The middle of the alphabet really lucked out.  I didn't have to take my histology practical until 9am (instead of 8am) and I was able to walk right into the practical without having to be sequestered in a classroom for 4 hours.  For the poor people who were sequestered, they were pretty much kept under constant guard (seriously, there were 2 security guards outside the door checking IDs and ensuring that only the proper people got into the classroom).

We, the non-sequestered, did have to stand outside in the 90 degree, extremely humid weather for about half an hour while the rooms were reset.  I have to tell you that nothing adds more to the "enjoyable" exam experience like sweating profusely the 30 minutes before an exam. Everyone had visible beads of sweat on their foreheads.  You knew it was bad because we were excited to walk into the cadaver lab.  Even though it smells awful, the air conditioning was AMAZINNNGG! I have to say standing outside in the heat made me extremely jealous of all the lovely fall weather you guys are experiencing back at home!  
Pretty much how I felt when I was waiting for my anatomy practical. 
So thankful that those three exams are over because it meant I had this afternoon free. No classes, no assignments, and no academic thought necessary.  I spent the afternoon catching up on sleep (awesome nap in my hammock!) and then watching the Netflix that comes from some Latin American country.  The Netflix plays on my iPad but not my computer. Everything has Spanish subtitles and I have to actively choose English as the primary language (just one of the strange nuances of living down here).

Not my hammock but I have pretty much the same setup and I see palm trees from my balcony. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment