Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dive-bombing Lizards

I was walking out of my apartment today when I noticed a lizard scurry across the stairs in front of me.  I didn't really think anything of it, so I continued walking down the stairs.  The stairs wrap around so I eventually came to a spot directly below where the lizard was. The lizard then dive-bombs me.  Not exactly sure what it was trying to do, but it definitely jumped/fell off the wall and almost landed on me. At least the lizard was super cute! 
The lizard on a different day (I think it was in a better mood  then)

On a more positive note, I think I am becoming more accepted by the locals, or at least by the locals at the grocery store.  I have noticed that only certain people are offered a shopper's club card (generally not students) but today they asked me if I wanted one!!  I think it helps that the store's bouncer likes me a lot and always stops to ask me how my day is going/offers to help me carry my groceries home. One of the cashiers is also very friendly. Today she asked me what I was doing to celebrate my birthday and told me that I should study in the IGA so she could hang out with me. After being on the island for two months, I am finally semi-accepted by the locals.  (Yay for the small victories).    

No comments:

Post a Comment