Sunday, March 10, 2013

Filtering Water

Special thanks to my mom and dad for sending down an amazing water filter.  After the water situation earlier this semester, we all decided that I probably shouldn't be drinking the tap water.  Since I went to school in Ithaca, the land of extreme recycling, I did not want to keep drinking bottled water especially since Domincia doesn't recycle. (I have noticed that a lot of times, they burn their trash and don't even take to a waste facility.) So the solution...filter all my drinking water!!

You can see the difference between the dirty and clean!
It was amazing to see how much clearer the water was after filtering!  I think the hardest part is remembering to filter the water before you run out (I always like to keep a bottle cold in the fridge).  The actual filter is really easy to use.  I fill it up in my kitchen sink and then hang it from my shower head.  Within 10 minutes  I have 4 liters of freshly filtered water!

No comments:

Post a Comment