Friday, June 1, 2012

Why Blog?

Those who know me, know that writing is probably my least favorite thing to do.  I tend to write how I talk, fast with my own unique ways of saying things (I say my "As" funny).  I also don't bother proof-reading and I don't particularly remember all the rules from my 6th grade grammar class.  So why I am I deciding to write a blog?

Four years ago, I was dead set against coming to Cornell for college.  I wanted to venture out to California or Florida, far away from my Buffalo home. I wanted to be warm.  After 18 years of icy cold Western New York weather, I wanted to be in sunshine and to be in place that I could wear flip-flops in January.  However, after one fateful visit to my sister at Cornell, I was hooked.  I applied early decision and never looked back.  Now, as my time on the hill is rapidly coming to an end and when the majority of the Class of 2012 has already left, I realize how coming to Cornell was the best decision of my life.  I even got to wear flip-flops in January! (Granted I was walking through a foot of snow instead of warm sand, but still).

The past weekend, the Class of 2012 celebrated our graduation.  This was an absolute whirlwind of emotions--excitement, sadness, nervousness, happiness, love and so many more.  The hardest part of the weekend was saying goodbye to amazing friends.  I will miss each and everyone of them but I know that whenever we get together again we will be able to laugh and recount our days back on the hill.

Still why the blog??
I want to keep people connected! In order to keep people posted on how things are going, I have decided to chronicle my "Life After the Hill" via this hopefully funny, interesting and sometimes inspiring blog.  It will mainly consist of the sleep-deprived musings of a coffee-addicted medical student.

No comments:

Post a Comment