Monday, June 11, 2012

Reunion Zero

Reunion Zero was a major success!  We had over 90 recent graduates come back to Ithaca.  Friday, after almost eating the Nines out of pizza and drinking a significant portion of their beer, we made our way up Ho Plaza to the Arts quad.  Some of the highlights from the Tent parties at the arts quad were seeing Bill Nye rocking out to a 60s cover band, watching the amazing dancers at Jazz/Swing tent and of course hanging out with fellow Cornellians.  The Saturday BBQ was tons of fun too and thankfully did not get rained out. Special thanks to WVBR for DJing.  

I think my two favorite memories from the weekend were 
1. seeing the adorable Class of 1957 with their AWESOME red vests excitedly pointing out various things on campus as they walked along East Ave.  I saw three couples walking arm and arm, deeply engrossed in conversation and looking like they were having the time of their lives.  Hopefully I can be that adorable when I am back 55 years from now.  

2. The view looking down over Thurston Ave Bridge and seeing the message spelled out in the rocks....

"You are home"
Reunion Zero definitely made me want to come back for my 5th year Reunion.  It was awesome meeting everyone and hanging out!  

On a non-Cornell related note, I head down to Dominica tomorrow morning.  Joys for the plane leaving at 5:30 in the morning!  At least I will be able to sleep on the plane.  My dad is really excited because it is his first time out of the country.  Stayed tuned and once I get back to the States, I will let you know how the trip went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment